Some minor improvements and it's perfect
1. Checkpoints? Maybe... but that's not so necessary
2. Armor having an actual purpose? as far as I know it's useless, so why spend points on it?? Why not making it that the armor allows for one mistake? Like, if you have the chest armor, and you fail to avoid a farmer, your armor will protect you from the kill, but you lose the armor... so next time you fail a farmer you're toast... Helmet would protect against 1 high obstacle, etc etc...
That's all. Overall a nice and good game :)
yeah huh? stupid us haha very good idea
Hectic? call it impossible
Bullets are HIDDEN by falling enemies, I already started having trouble surviving from lvl 2. This isn't fun.
I am SO disappointed with this game... I waited impatiently for it, but alas I don't enjoy it AT ALL.
here's a couple of reasons why I didn't like it.
1. Overly overly overly complicated to make a song... Honestly, the system in POM 1 was much better, as it allowed for QUICK and EASY editing. Yes it became repetitive very quickly, but still... This system seems to be for "elite" only, people who actually know what they're doing (aka "designed the game"). This is just insane. It's like having to STUDY the game before being able to play it... I'll be the last to say I don't sometimes spend hours over a game, but that means hours playing it, not trying to figure out how it works...
2. The sounds themselves... I tried several riffs, tried combining a few, NEVER did it feel as cool and satisfying as the sounds I had in POM 1. It all sounded rather sluggish, soft... dull...
3. The gameplay... ok you added a new thing: concerts and the like. The control system for "playing your song" is HORRIBLE. Seriously. HORRIBLE. Too much keys, not clear when you're supposed to press the key, etc etc.
4/10 for the obvious BIG and LONG and HUGE work this game must have been, but seriously, I'm going back to POM 1.... sadly :( This game is NOT fun. I feel so bad of saying this, as I KNOW this game has very great potential, and that it IS a good game, but it just didn't answer to what I expected POM2 to be... I hope POM 3 will come to life, where editing will be easy and quick again....
The characters were simple yet elaborate enough, the artwork was perfect for the game, sounds were appropriate..
the only thing I'd like to point out are
1. Tripping on upward floors (NOT stairs) feels a bit ridiculous...
2. some glitches (but no games are perfect anyway ^^)
3. Character reactions like "NO no NO!" felt apropriate in some times, but alas! you took the risk of doing such a thing. If you do add these kinds of remarks, you always have to make TONS of them. and with TONS, I mean TOOOOONNS. BEcause more than once I experienced that the character repeated 3x the same taunt in short sequence... when doing these things, you need A LOT so that it never feels too old, and repetition gets more seldom...
or find a way to tell the game what taunt got recently used and restrict it's use until a certain time...
besides those (minor) flaws, a very good and enjoyable game!
numerous bugs flaw this otherwise not so bad game
- controls, obviously. Make an option to choose between mouse of keyboard
- offscreen enemies, game progress not registering etc.
- about weapons getting stuck, i don't really consider it as a "bug" since it might be considered as the "odds of battle", but still, i guess it wasn' t supposed to be that way...
to all those who shout "stolen from hammerfight", what's wrong with it? Doom has been ported to flash, yet nobody yells for copyright there. Hammerfight is OBVIOUSLY better, since it's not flash (i guess) and it's a paid game, which should always be better than what you'll find on NG.
that's like comparing any RTS game here on NG with Age of Empires III for example.
Azerty support. No excuse.
Made it impossible to play because of no azerty keyboard support..
it would've gotten 8/10 if it had, since it really looked like a very promising and good game...
if you plan on adding key customization, don't hesitate to inform me.
an overall well made game, with simple graphics (although claiming its a "non-stickman sniper game is a little ecagerated. Character art was simply elaborated stickmen, no more. Adding pictures of a real person doesn't count...)
besides that, the missions were ok. Keep up the good work
Didn't entertain me...
Sniper games are hard to make fun, and it's mostly the story that makes it. Although I was curious about the stone age reference (a shooter in those times?), having an archaeological background, I could only but be disturbed by the fact the character uses a crossbow... Stone age is ca 700.000 BC, and the earliest crossbow found dates from ca. 2.000-3.000 years ago.
Maybe if the story was actually animated and/or voice-acted it would've made it better though.
overall it's a good game with nice artwork. It's the gameplay that lacks a little. Slashing the melee weapon feels so slow... especially the combo's. Make them faster.
Secondly, the "bite-escape" makes no sense. When you're surrounded by a mob of zombies, pressing left and right don't help since as soon as you're out of the grip of one, you're in the next.
Hope you can change this. cos then it really would deserve a 9/10
Thanks for your review. You only need to press left-right when you see the keys icon on your head! If you are surrounded by zombies well... run for your life :)
seriously, NO excuse. azerty support OR key customisation!
I think this was 8/10 material, but the no azerty kept me from actually playing it.
The graphics looked good as far as I saw, the gameplay similar to other shooters.
As I said, probably a good game, too bad the controls don't make me experience it.
btw, might be glitch, when I opened "controls", my mouse cursor disappeared in-game, which made it impossible to click any other options.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.